It is likely the Yorkshire Energy Park will include the following uses, to be determined both by occupier interest and the planning process:
- A mixture of space for businesses operating in key strategic sectors for the region
- An on-site energy generation, off-site energy generation, and a primary sub-station providing private wire electricity to the wider Energy Park
- Education and research campus
- Associated on site accommodation
- A data centre
- An outdoor building materials and testing facility
- Sports facilities for the community
This major strategic development will be underpinned by the availability of affordable energy and data security provided by the energy and data centres. Innovation will be at the heart of the park, driven by the synergies expected between the occupiers of the education and business spaces.
The development is guaranteed to generate a significant number of employment opportunities for local people, and to attract new investment into the area.